This biodegradable Footprints in the Sand Cremation Urn is hand painted and produced with sustainable materials for both water and earth burials. The urn has holes in the bottom, to allow water to enter quickly so that it floats only briefly and then gracefully sinks when placed into water.
This urn includes a biodegradable bag into which the cremated remains must be placed. No glue is required to seal the urn. Simply remove the lid, carefully moisten the inside lip and replace the lid. It will seal itself. This urn is produced with a vegetable-based gelatin.
This urn is shipped in a box with custom protective packaging that provides families with a convenient and discreet option for transportation. The box (and urn) will pass through airport security screenings and can fit in the overhead compartment of most commercial airliners.
When buried in the ground, the urn will biodegrade within three months. Once placed in water, the urn will break down within three days.
Capacity: 200 cubic inches. This urn is suitable for a loved one with a weight of 200 pounds or less before cremation.
Dimensions: 8.86 H" x 6.89 Dia'
Free Ground Shipping
Modern Memorials is pleased to offer our customers free ground shipping within the 48 contiguous states.
- Customers should expect to receive their order within 5-10 business days.
- Most non-engraved/personalized orders placed before 12pm Eastern Time, Monday-Friday (excluding holidays) will be shipped the same day. If there is any kind of delay, we will let you know ASAP.
- Please allow an extra 3-5 days if you choose engraving.
- As soon as your order ships, we’ll send you an email with a tracking number.
- If there are any specific shipping instructions, please let us know in the “Special Instructions” area in your cart.
Two-Day Delivery/Expedited Service ($50)
2 business days from date of shipment (Excluding holidays and weekends)
- Customers may opt for an expedited delivery for an additional $50. Please select this during the shipping portion of checkout.
- We ship expedited orders Monday-Friday (excluding holidays) before 2pm.
- If you order an urn with expedited delivery on a Saturday, it would go out on Monday, and you would receive it Wednesday.
- If you choose engraving, we can expedite the shipping after the urn has been approved and engraved.
- Two-Day Delivery to Alaska, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, and U.S. Virgin Islands is currently not available.
- A signature may be required for certain deliveries.
- If we are delayed in shipping your urn or temporarily out of stock of the urn you ordered, you will receive a refund for the $50 and notified ASAP.
- If you need your urn sooner than 2 days, we will do everything to make it happen. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll give you a price quote and ETA.
International Shipping Options
Please contact us for a quote for international delivery outside of the United States.
- Free ground delivery shipping is not available to Alaska, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, and U.S. Virgin Islands — delivery to these locations may take longer than 5-7 business days and will incur a surcharge of $50.
- If you are located in Canada or the following U.S. territories, we are happy to ship to you. Please contact us at email@example.com for a delivery price quote.